New Release: v1.3

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2010 at 9:05 PM
Edited Dec 11, 2010 at 11:35 PM

I updated cropperplugins to v1.3. 

There are three new plugins:

• Send-to-ImageShack.  uploads the screenshot image to http://Imageshack.us
  • Send-to-TwitPic - uploads the screenshot image and also a Tweet.  Requires a Twitter account.  (new for v1.3.1)
  • Send-to-Picasa - uploads the screenshot image to Google's Picasa photo sharing service. (new for v1.3.2)

Also, there are a bunch of changes to existing plugins. Mostly fit-and-finish things.  All these plugins now store their settings in the cropper.config file. (Previously some of them, like S3 and TFS, stored their settings in separate, dedicated files.)

Also, the Imgur plugin now uses the official Imgur API.  Previously it used html screen-scraping, which was a brittle approach.  It broke when Imgur changed its website.

Finally, I removed the TinyPic plugin.  It also used screen-scraping, and it broke when TinyPic changed its website.  Also I became aware that TinyPic's terms and conditions  say that no script should be used to upload images.  That would prohibit the Cropper plugin, so I removed it.

Download and enjoy. Post your questions, comments, and problems here.

Coordinator
Dec 15, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Another new plugin:  Send-to-Facebook, new for v1.3.4.   It uploads a screenshot to Facebook.

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2010 at 5:13 AM
Edited Dec 17, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Also, another new feature:

The Send-to-Paint.NET plugin now optionally uploads the image after editing it.  You can choose the upload service (Flickr, Picasa, Facebook, Imgur, etc).  After you close the file in Paint.NET, or exit from Paint.NET, the file gets uploaded automaticlaly with the other selected plugin.  This is new for v1.3.5

I've wanted this for a long time.  Often I take a screenshot, then mark it up with an arrow, or a circle and some text indicating what I Want to highlight.  Then I upload it to a sharing service.  In v1.2, I'd have to use Cropper twice to do that - first the Send-to-Paint.NET plugin, then after I finished editing, I'd change Cropper to use Send-to-Imgur (or some similar) and take a second screenshot that would get uploaded.  The modified Send-to-Paint.NET plugin for v1.3.5 does it in one snap, which makes it simpler and easier for me.

I hope you like it.

Jul 25, 2012 at 11:24 PM

The facebook plug in doesn't work for me. When I used it the first time I got the usual login to facebook and approval to use the plug in but then I get an empty browser window with the word "Success" and if I close this I get 

---------------------------No Authorizaiton for Facebook plugin---------------------------

You must approve Cropper for use with Facebookbefore uploading an image.

---------------------------OK   --------------------------- 

No uploads are done. 

Cheers

Peter

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Peter - thanks for reporting this and sorry about the error.

I will need to test that here on my end., and I'll get back to you.

Will update this thread with info as I am able to diagnose it.