TFS Work Item Plugin

Developer
Jun 3, 2007 at 12:59 PM
I started writing a plugin for TFS. I have the first version ready. You can download it here: http://notsosmartbuilder.blogspot.com/2007/05/cropper-tfs-work-item-plugin.html. Would you like me to add the sources to the project?
Coordinator
Jun 19, 2007 at 11:31 AM
Yes! That'd be great. It appears you've already been added as a Developer on the project so you should be able to add your project. We are sharing a GlobalAssemblyInfo.cs file that lives at the Solution root. Add this file to your project as a Linked File so all our assemblies will be versioned together.
Developer
Jun 24, 2007 at 4:26 AM
Added the project.
Coordinator
Jun 29, 2007 at 11:23 PM
The TFS plugin rocks. Any idea when it will be in a release?
Developer
Jun 30, 2007 at 4:12 PM
Actually I've already released it from http://www.codeplex.com/CropperTFSPlugin. I've joined the project now so I don't know how you plan releases. The code is ready for release.
Jul 28, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Any update on this TFS plugin?  I think it would be a really useful addition.

Coordinator
Dec 26, 2009 at 5:21 PM

This plugin is included in the v1.2 release of CropperPlugins.

Jan 21, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Hi,

I can't find the TFS plug-in on the v1.2 download. These are the files included in the ZIP file:

Cropper.AnimatedGif.dll
Cropper.AviFormat.dll
Cropper.CountdownPng.dll
Cropper.Extensibility.dll
Cropper.SendToEmail.dll
Cropper.SendToFlickr.dll
Cropper.SendToImgurl.dll
Cropper.SendToOneNote.dll
Cropper.SendToPaintDotNet.dll
Cropper.SendToS3.dll
Cropper.SendToTinyPic.dll
Readme.txt

Coordinator
May 11, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Ahh, yes, my bad.  The TFSworkitem DLL is now included in the v1.2 download.

May 14, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Thanks for the update. I’ve downloaded the plug-ins zip file, with the TFSworkitem DLL, copied all the dlls to the cropper plugins folder (cropper was not started) over the existent ones and since then, whenever I try to start cropper, I get an error message saying ‘Cropper has stoped working’. Is there anything else I have to update?

Thanks,

Alberto Silva
>R&D manager_
>>moving2u_ Lda
Centro de Empresas de Taveiro
3045-508 TAVEIRO
PORTUGAL
>email_ alberto.silva@moving2u.pt
>url_
www.moving2u.pt
>telm_ +351 912 563 507
>tel_ +351 239 983 900
>fax_ +351 239 095 909 << novo número

Sent: terça-feira, 11 de Maio de 2010 18:07
To: Alberto Silva
Subject: Re: TFS Work Item Plugin [cropperplugins:10941]

Ahh, yes, my bad. The TFSworkitem DLL is now included in the v1.2 download.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (cropperplugins@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email cropperplugins@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

May 14, 2010 at 4:31 PM

It looks like the TFS plugin writes a config file at the location of it's DLL (which by default is in Program Files). If you are using Vista or 7 the operating system might be preventing the application from writing to that directory.

What version of Windows are you running? Can you copy the entire Cropper folder to another location (like the desktop or somewhere else in you User directory) and see if the error continues?

Coordinator
May 14, 2010 at 5:27 PM
Edited May 14, 2010 at 8:17 PM
Hmm, Alberto - I don't know.
actually, I've built the code, but I did not author that piece, and I haven't tested it.
If I had to guess I'd say there's a dependency missing. You need to be able to load the DLLs for TFS. I put a note about that in the readme I think. You could try Fusion logging to diagnose it.
If that doesn't work, see if you can determine and then contact the original author of the TFS plugin.
Beyond that, I don't have any suggestions.
Good luck!
Coordinator
May 14, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Whoops! My reply crossed with Terry's.   Seems to me that plugin needs to be modified, to write its config information in an approved place, like private storage or something similar.

Coordinator
May 14, 2010 at 8:18 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Dec 8, 2010 at 12:28 PM

I've re-worked the TFS plugin to implement IConfigurablePlugin.  Via that interface it now reads its settings from and writes its settings into the common place - cropper.config.  Also the configuration UI has been standardized, too - it now uses the hosted config panel that appears in the "Plugins" tab on the Cropper "Options...." menu choice.

The source for this is already available.  I'll release a binary shortly, within the next few days.

Feb 28, 2011 at 6:50 PM
Edited Feb 28, 2011 at 6:50 PM

I am seeing issues with Visual Studio 2010. Is this because the TFS plugin is expecting files from VS 2008?

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'
   at Cropper.TFSWorkItem.TFS.AttachImageToWorkItem()
   at Cropper.TFSWorkItem.TFS.SaveImage(Stream stream, Image image)
   at Fusion8.Cropper.Core.ImageCapture.FetchOutputStream(StreamHandler streamHandler, String fileName, Image image)
   at Cropper.TFSWorkItem.TFS.ImageCaptured(Object sender, ImageCapturedEventArgs e)

Thanks!

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Yes, hermgreider, the exception there indicates that the plugin is not able to load the VS2008 version of the TFS client assembly.

I should be able to insert a test that checks for the existence of the assembly and doesn't throw exceptions.  But, as I do not have TFS2010, I cannot really test and develop a TFS2010 version of the plugin.  I could help you do it?